Seasonal Stains – Let Renew help you this Christmas
Whether you’re hosting Christmas in your home, or just chilling out with family in front of the TV, this is the one time of year when most of us like to relax and of course, over indulge. Cleaning is usually not a priority until disaster strikes and you’re left with a nightmare stain that you need to act on quick.
We always recommend calling in the professional when it comes to removing stains from your carpets and upholstery. However, if do want to try and tackle the stain yourself first this Christmas, then below we’ve given you a quick step-by-step guide to remove some of those ‘seasonal stains.’
General tips for removing stains
- Act quick to achieve the best results.
- Never scrub at a stain as you will damage the fibres and spread the stain further.
- Never mix a cocktail of chemicals (need we say anymore?)
- Always try to use white coloured cloths to clean a stain so as not to transfer coloured dyes onto the fabric.
- Always test your solutions on an inconspicuous area of the carpets / upholstery first.
- Use cleaning products from a trusted brand (Renew, will be launching our very own products in the New Year, so watch this space!)
- If in doubt always call in the professionals. https://www.renewcarpetcleaning.ie
Who doesn’t love a bit of sparkle this time of year? What many people don’t know is that glitter, sequins, and all that good stuff actually grows legs once inside your home and escapes everywhere…and we mean everywhere! Your favourite rug and carpets may look like the background to the Frozen movie, but in reality this stuff can be a real hassle to remove.
So, here’s our easiest tip ever. Vacuum, Vacuum and Vacuum again. If your carpets are still twinkling, then get out the Sellotape. Wrap a couple of layers around your hand and dab, dab, dab until normality regains. Simplies.
Even reading the word ‘chocolate’ makes you want to eat some! Selection boxes, tins of sweets… the list is endless at Christmas and so is the likely hood of it being embedded into your couch or carpets by over excited children and adults!
- Remove any excess chocolate.
- Mix together some cold water with two spoons of liquid detergent.
- Blot the stain with the solution using a clean cloth or sponge.
- Continue blotting until the stain is gone.
…Or any beer for that matter. Beer stains are a real pain as not only are they usually dark in colour, but they smell really bad too…especially the next day!
- Mix a solution of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts warm water.
- Use a clean white cloth / towel to dab the area with the mixture. Continue doing this until you see the stain disappearing.
- Dab the area dry with a clean dry towel.
Even if your Christmas party is in full swing, get working on the stain immediately. We repeat – immediately!
- Use some kitchen roll or a clean white towel to blot away as much excess wine as possible.
- Add a few drops of cold water to the stain to help dilute it, and keep blotting.
- Mix – 2 cups of warm water, 1 tbsp of white vinegar and 1 tbsp of washing up liquid.
- Apply the solution directly onto the stain using a clean cloth.
- Blot until the stain is removed completely.
If those seasonal stains turn out to be tougher than expected, give us a call we’re here to help! https://www.renewcarpetcleaning.ie. We will also be launching our very own cleaning products in January, so be sure to check out our website in the new year for more details!