Forget about the bread, hot chocolate is what you want in this cold, snowy weather. There is nothing better than curling up with a mug of hot chocolate and relaxing, that is, until you accidentally spill it on your carpet. However, there’s no need to panic or start re-arranging furniture…
Below is our easy step-by-step guide to removing a hot chocolate spill on carpet.
How to clean up after a hot chocolate spill on carpet
- Use a clean towel to blot up as much of the liquid as possible, work inwards to avoid spreading the stain.
- Pour a small amount of cold water onto the area to help dilute the stain and blot again
- Mix a tablespoon of washing-up liquid with two cups of warm water. Dampen a towel in the solution and blot the area.
- Repeat, until the stain is gone.
- Use a towel dampened with warm water and clean to remove any soapy residue.
How to clean up after a hot chocolate spill on cream or white carpet
Follow the above steps, then,
- Mix a teaspoon of clear ammonia with a cup of warm water to make a cleaning solution.
Apply this to the hot chocolate stain and then let it set for five minutes. Always take care when using ammonia, test out on an inconspicuous area of carpet first and never mix with other chemicals.
- Use a clean white cloth to blot the affected area. Continue to blot the stain, until it is completely removed.
How to clean up a tea spill on carpet
Snow, sunshine, wind or rain – tea never needs a weather or occasion to be popular! Tea stains are one of the most unsightly and seep quickly into carpets fibres as it’s a hot liquid. In order to remove the brown stain efficiently its best to act quickly.
- Mix two ounces of white vinegar and 4 ounces of warm water.
- Use a clean cloth to blot the stain with the solution, work towards the middle so as not to spread the stain.
- Rub gently, being careful not to scrub as this can damage the carpet fibres.
- Continue, until the stain disappears.
- If the smell of vinegar is lingering, then sprinkle some baking soda on the area and leave overnight. Vacuum up the next morning and the smell should be gone.
Now the stain is gone, it’s time to make some more tea. Go on, go on, go on…
Renew carpet cleaning can help with any stain – big or small. We look after carpets, rugs, upholstery and more. Check our website or contact us to book today. Be sure to check our blog for more easy stain removal tips.