Orange juice is one of the most popular drinks in any household. It’s healthy, refreshing, oh and a right pain to get rid of when spilled on your carpets! Orange juice spills are one of those annoying ones as orange is a citric acid. This means it can act as a bleaching agent when exposed to the sun, so ideally it needs to be cleaned up immediately! Also, orange juice turns into a tacky residue when left. However, if you’re looking at an orange juice stain on your lovely carpet – no need to panic, help is at hand. Below is our guide to removing both fresh orange juice stains and dried in stains from carpet.
How to remove spilled orange juice from carpet
If you have kids who refuse to drink orange juice ‘with the bits,’ you’ll be grateful for their fussy ways if it spills. These orange bits can stick to the carpet fibres and it’s best to scrape them out first before removing the stain.
- Blot up as much of the liquid as possible using paper towel or a clean, dry cloth.
- Mix together two cups of warm water with one tablespoon of washing-up liquid. Use a clean cloth to sponge the stain with the solution.
- Be careful not to scrub the carpet as this can damage the carpet fibres and cause the stain to work further down.
- Keep sponging the stain, until it’s gone.
- Remove any excess liquid with a clean, dry towel.
How to remove an old orange juice spill from carpet
- Moisten the stain with luke warm water.
- Mix a solution of ammonia with two cups of warm water. Use a clean cloth to carefully blot the stain with the solution. Be careful not to scrub. Continue until the stain has gone.
- Rinse the carpet afterwards with cold water and blot dry.
- You may also need to use a stain remover (make sure to follow the instructions carefully) Most stain removers will need to be left on the stain for a certain amount of time first. Be sure to carefully time what’s been specified, so as to avoid discolouring your carpet.
- If you have any doubts or the stain isn’t budging, then it’s best to call in the professionals. Renew is Ireland’s leading carpet cleaning company, who specialise in removing tough stains.
At Renew we pride ourselves on our excellent service and amazing results. Give us a call today and we’ll be happy to help. Also, be sure to check out our website for more great stain removing tips.