Who doesn’t love a fab scented candle in their home? There’s the ‘good’ candles we don’t light, and of course the ones we use regularly to create a calming ambience and scent. Candles are a must in almost every home. Whether it’s a romantic dinner or a special occasion, it’s the memories we want afterwards and not a tricky wax stain to clean up. When candle wax spills, its a double whammy as it starts off as liquid and dries solid. When it spills on carpet it seeps down in to the carpet, before solidifying onto the fibres. Although candle wax stains are not ideal, they’re definitely not impossible to remove yourself.
How to remove candle wax from carpet
Method 1 –
- Place a bag of ice over the wax to help harden it, making it easier to scrape off.
- Use a dull knife to gently scrap off the wax from the carpet fibres.
- Vacuum up the wax pieces.
- If the wax is coloured and has left a stain on the carpet, then use a rubbing alcohol or a stain remover to clean it up.
Method 2 – Always try this out on an inconspicuous area of carpet first.
- Place a paper bag over the wax. Carefully iron over the stain on a high heat, be sure not to use the steam setting and if an option, turn it off. (You can also use a paper towel and hair dryer on a high heat)
- As you iron the wax will lift away onto the paper bag.
- As the wax is absorbed onto the bag, swap for a clean piece.
- Repeat the above steps, until the stain is completely gone.
Renew Carpet Cleaning are experts in all stain removals, and no job is too big or small for our trained technicians. If your carpet requires professional help, then give us a shout! To find out more about the services we offer, or to book your carpet cleaning contact us today.